Wednesday, November 23, 2016

The Dragon #9, September 1977

Apologies for the delay since the last post, but the last month has been quite a doozy for me, and when I have had time, I've been more devoting it to finishing up my D&D collector's checklist.  I'm finalizing the section on Dragonlance products right now, and after that I just have to do Forgotten Realms and then miscellaneous 2nd edition products and everything up through 2nd edition will be done.  I'll post a link to it once I've completed it, but it will probably be a few weeks more still.

This issue has virtually nothing worth commenting on.  A good half of it is devoted to the second half of Harry Fischer's short story on the Finzer family.  There is an article by Gygax on mixing players of different alignment and how different alignments have to interact in a society, but ultimately I don't feel it really said anything useful.  Other than that there are only some EPT and Boot Hill articles and a brief article by Jim Ward on randomly generating a tomb for your party to explore.

All in all scant material due to the fiction, but we only have two more issues to go before getting to the very first AD&D product.  I'll see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment